Sunday, November 7, 2010

Goodbye, My friend

Hung Jury, Kirsten Iehl, Oil on Panel, 2010
I close my eyes
I see your face
Twisted and torn
Your feet
Dangling above
I wasn’t there
But could I have
Stopped you?
Your laugh fades
Into the past
Everything I’d grown
To love
You took away.
The things I would
Give my life
Just to have back
For one more day
I’m a broken record
Always crying
About the same damn thing
What you did
It’s irrevocable
Unforgivable
I don’t know how
To move past what you did
To be older
Than you ever will
You’ve always gone first
I’m lost
I can imagine
How you felt
I’ve been there too
But you talked me out of it
You are a hypocrite
Now I’m faced with the pain
You passed to me
I miss you soo much
More than you could imagine
I wish you were still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment