Sunday, November 14, 2010

Flowers

In Bloom, Kirsten Iehl, Acrylic on paper 2010


I needed to see you
So i drove forty minutes
and sat around at your work.
I called your phone
But you didn't answer.
I saw your family yesterday
Thought of asking them
How you were doing
but I know they haven't heard
Much from you recently.
I drove passed your house
Hoping to see your car.
I wrote on your wall last night
I'm still waiting for the reply

Today I brought you flowers
and set them on your grave.

I miss you so much it hurts.
I cry so hard I'm gasping for air.
but no matter how much I cry
You wont be coming back.
This realization only makes it worse.

I can't focus on anything but your face.
And how I will never see it again.
How much I miss your laugh.

When I paint my nails
I remember, you taught me how.

Even my escape, brings me back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment